|February 26, 2013 - October 31, 2013|
|Location:||South Bend, IN|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Vacation, 401(k)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Client:||General Sheet Metal Works|
|Description:||General Sheet Metal Works (GSMW) is a leading provider of manufacturing solutions to progressive OEM’s worldwide. Key industries served include lawn & garden machinery, utility-scale solar power, agricultural equipment, and data center infrastructure. The company was founded in 1922 and has continually evolved to meet a growing need for rapid response time and seamless supply chain integration. In-house engineering, tool & die, sheet and tube lasers, precision press brakes, coil-fed stamping and robotic and manual welding make us a prototype-through-production solution. |
In addition to ranking number 5 in The Fabricator magazine’s ‘Fab 40’ list of top US fabricators for 2010, the company was just recognized as one of 43 ‘Indiana Companies to Watch’ by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation.
General Sheet Metal Works offers a dynamic, team-oriented working environment, competitive wage and an excellent benefit package including Health, Life, Dental, Vision, STD and LTD Insurance. In addition, GSMW offers a retirement 401 (k) plan with company match, paid time off and educational /development opportunities for personal and professional growth.
|Duties:||A Material Handler ensures production operations are sustained to meet corporate objectives by timely transportation and staging of materials and product to facilitate production and/or shipping, and by completing production operations whenever possible to minimize indirect labor hours to the greatest extent possible.|
1. Read work orders, receive oral instructions to determine container assignments, material/equipment needs, etc.
2. Move materials, product, and other items to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, and containers, by hand or using trucks, lifts, cranes or other equipment
3. Ensure accuracy of transactions, labels, materials, quantities
4. Support achievement of company standards in safety, efficiency, on-time production, etc.
1. Watch for and report safety violations and accidents
2. Help keep department area clean
3. Help other departments move material/product as requested
4. Promptly complete any reasonable request made by management
5. Fulfill all production operations functions as assigned (stamping operations, press brake operations, etc.).
|Qualifications:||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
1. Customer satisfaction focus involving face-to-face communication with individuals or teams. Works cooperatively with others to improve departmental metrics / shipping-receiving functions as required to maximize value and reduce costs. Continual improvement of product and process quality in all areas of responsibility.
2. English language, both verbal and written, and reading comprehension sufficient to enable effective
completion of all job tasks
3. Administrative/clerical knowledge/ability sufficient to accurately complete transactions on paper forms as well as computerized entry fields as required to facilitate operations
4. Capability and awareness to safely operate equipment/vehicles as assigned
5. Ability to repeat the same physical or mental activities over and over while sustaining accuracy of work
6. Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
1. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment
2. Requires repetitively climbing onto and off of forklifts, bending, twisting, stooping, and lifting of weights of up to
3. Requires working in non-air-conditioned variable temperature factory setting with occasional, brief all-weather
1. High school or general equivalency diploma or a minimum 6 months related experience
2. Successful completion of corporate forklift and/or overhead crane certification as required
Please note that this position may involve significant overtime hours during our busy season and qualified applicants will be those who are willing to work overtime when asked.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.