|April 29, 2013 - July 29, 2013|
|Benefits:||medical, vision, dental, 40lK, paid holidays and vacation|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This role is responsible for correctly, safely and efficiently packaging production. Must be able to operate, troubleshoot packaging equipment according to scheduled production needs.|
|Duties:||• Responsible for setting up and starting up and operation of packaging equipment according to the production schedule.|
• Monitors equipment and uses tools to make adjustments, change over’s, small repairs and perform basic maintenance as required.
• Miscellaneous job duties that may include but are not limited to product quality testing, minor maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment, operating bin discharge and reclaim equipment, housekeeping tasks, repalletizing/disposal of distressed product.
• Practices and maintains the highest safety, quality and product standards.
• Ensure printer is set with correct code dates and that dates are legible and stamped correctly on all packaging.
• Inspects product on packaging line in accordance with special inspections
• Maintains records and logs during entire packaging process by entering appropriate information in order to document packaging process and reconcile usage of materials and transfers of product
• Performs and documents in-process quality checks on a periodic basis on representative samples in order to ensure that product is correctly packaged.
• Cleans, disassembles and reassembles line equipment in order to prepare machine for inspection or deep cleaning.
• Performs line staging by obtaining necessary parts, products, components, printed material, etc and brining them to the line
• Changes over/sets up machine for run by loading product, components, printed material, etc; adjusting settings; checking the line; and obtaining line clearance in order to prepare equipment for next packaging run
• Responsible for the operation , cleaning, maintenance and set-up of packaging equipment
• Perform routine maintenance and mechanical/electrical parameter set up.
• Documents tasks in associated batch records, forms and protocols.
• Observes and maintains safe, efficient machine operation on all production runs.
• Insures cleanliness of production area.
• Trains other employees to run packaging and palletizer equipment as needed.
• Responsible for continuous improvement ideas and implementation in assigned area.
• Participates in quarterly inventory process.
• Makes adjustments, clears jams, and otherwise troubleshoots equipment to ensure efficient machine operation
• Performs work in a safe manner, and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures, including Lock-out/Tag-out.
• Works to achieve 100% on-time completion of scheduled production
• Assists with entering information into company’s monitoring system
• Completes and fills out daily logs and paperwork, completes daily cleaning and preventative maintenance tasks
• Ensures all daily manufacturing documents are completed and are accurate
• Maintain skill level with company growth
• Promotes teamwork and fosters an atmosphere conducive to the effective use of teamwork to achieve objectives.
• Ensure equipment is properly operated according to safety guidelines
• Understand and performs Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
• Follows plant safety procedures and guidelines including wearing PPE required
• Follows plant quality practices including GMP’s
• Informs Supervisors/Managers of safety issues
• Understands how to handle machine properly during emergencies
• Occasionally assist in training of individuals in packaging process
• Be willing and able to attend job related training and attain marks which indicate satisfactory knowledge of the job requirements.
• This associate will work as a team member in whatever capacity and job function is required to deliver a quality product to our customers in a timely fashion.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|Qualifications:||• Understands plant process flow.|
• Positive Attitude, Safety Mindset, Strong Work Ethic, Team Builder/Flexible, Customer and Quality Focused, Not easily Frustrated, Desire to Work Hands On and Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Must be able to read and understand English to be able to communicate with Supervisor/Manager and comprehend work instructions.
• Dependable with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Forklift experience and/or certification
• Sound understanding and/or experience/aptitude with packaging systems and conveying equipment
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Experience/aptitude computerized equipment (i.e.: scales, controllers, computer based operator interfaces, etc)
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner
• Demonstrated ability to work well in teams
• Demonstrated willingness to assume extended job responsibility and exercise good judgment in decision making
• Experience in packaging equipment such as, bag hangers, bagging scales, cartoners, case packers and servo – base robotics
• Knowledge of the following equipment is preferred: Roberts, Thiele & Taylor Line Baggers; Videojet Date Coders; Autoprint Case Coders; Belcor Bag Line Tapers; Mettle-Toledo Check Weigher; Yamato Multi Scale Feed System; Massman Packer; Wexxar Case Erector; Ceia Metal Detectors; Thiele Scale Feed System; Hytrol Case Conveyor System; Columbia Okura Robotic Palletizers; Lantech Stretchwrapper; Quadrel Labeling System (Pallet print & Apply); and Bastian Solutions Automatic Pallet conveyor Systems.
• Knowledge in vacuum systems, air compressors and servo motors (robotic motions)
• Knowledge of Intermec scan guns, program Windows Mobil 6 and must be able to read gun in English.
• Must possess effective written and oral communication skills and be able to handle multiple projects within limited time frames
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to work according to production schedule, overtime may be required
• Strong inter-personal and team building skills
• Prior experience in a production environment, preferably food or beverage manufacturing.
•Good verbal and mathematical capability at a high school level.
•Ability to read and understand process operating procedures.
•Good oral and written communications skills.
•Sufficient computer skills to operate and adjust machine to meet product specifications.
•Ability to work cooperatively with all departments.
•Ability to follow detailed, technical directions.
•Ability to communicate across all levels of production team and work in team environment.
•Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
•Ability to lift 35-50 pounds in order to move ingredients and finished product, stand, walk, push/pull up to 50 pounds, reach overhead, and bend to the floor
•Willingness to work any shift, extended hours weekends.
•High School Diploma or GED.
•Some form of technical education which emphasizes strong analytical thinking preferred
•Knowledge and experience with Electrical, Mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics is highly preferred
•Familiarity with computer applications
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.