Customer Service Coordinator
|January 30, 2013 - July 29, 2013|
|Location:||South Bend, IN|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Vacation, 401(k)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Client:||General Sheet Metal Works|
|Description:||General Sheet Metal Works (GSMW) is a leading provider of manufacturing solutions to progressive OEM’s worldwide. Key industries served include lawn & garden machinery, utility-scale solar power, agricultural equipment, and data center infrastructure. The company was founded in 1922 and has continually evolved to meet a growing need for rapid response time and seamless supply chain integration. In-house engineering, tool & die, sheet and tube lasers, precision press brakes, coil-fed stamping and robotic and manual welding make us a prototype-through-production solution. |
In addition to ranking number 5 in The Fabricator magazine’s ‘Fab 40’ list of top US fabricators for 2010, the company was just recognized as one of 43 ‘Indiana Companies to Watch’ by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation.
General Sheet Metal Works offers a dynamic, team-oriented working environment, competitive wage and an excellent benefit package including Health, Life, Dental, Vision, STD and LTD Insurance. In addition, GSMW offers a retirement 401 (k) plan with company match, paid time off and educational /development opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The Customer Service Coordinator is charged with the responsibility for building and sustaining strong working relationships with customers, and serves as a liaison between customers and General Sheet Metal Works. The Customer Service Coordinator promptly and courteously answers customer phone calls, e-mail, faxes, receives/processes and enters orders; handles inquiries, reports complaints and advises management of crucial changes in customer order patterns.
Organizational Relationships and Authority
The Customer Service Coordinator reports directly to the Director, Supply Chain Management. There are no direct reports for this position. This person will work closely with the Sales Engineering Technologists, Production Scheduler, Sales Engineering Coordinator and Shipping & Materials Supervisor.
The primary responsibility of the Customer Service Coordinator is to ensure customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate information. Other responsibilities include:
· Order receipt, entry and administration
· Coordination with sales, engineering, production scheduling and shipping to ensure customer needs are met
· Coordination with remote facilities personnel to ensure customer needs are met
· Coordination of changes to customer requirements, i.e., order due date, quantities, shipping requirements and methods and front-line engineering change notifications
· Handle customer inquiries and resolve customer issues to the customer's satisfaction with a high degree of professionalism and an unwavering customer-centric mindset
· Serve as the customer’s advocate
· Provide post-sales support for escalation of issues between customer/sales and production.
· Monitoring customer shipment requirements and notifying customers of potential issues with meeting due dates
Job Demands and Expectations
The Customer Service Coordinator will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Customer needs and requests will vary daily. The Customer Service Coordinator will be expected to work beyond standard office hours on occasion in order to complete customer and company requests in a timely fashion. Occasional visits to the shipping area and manufacturing floor may be needed.
|Qualifications:||Qualifications and Competencies|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills, be able to produce coherent written documents that are free of spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors, maintain an optimistic and supportive attitude, and maintain the strictest confidence regarding all issues and information regarding the company’s operations, its employee, financial matters, and personal matters of which the employee may become aware in the course of their work. The individual will also maintain competency with the following programs and equipment:
· Microsoft Office Suite
· Laptop or desktop computer
· Office telephone system
· Corporate ERP System
· Dependability: Follows procedures and responds to management direction: takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits time necessary to reach goals; meets deadlines or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Sales Influence: Ability to persuade and influence others both outside and within the organization; listens and identifies opportunities to increase customer spend; understands motivating factors for purchasing; frames sales proposition from “buyer’s perspective”; maintains ethical boundaries in sales and service process.
· Problem Solving: Utilizes creative talents and skills to successfully resolve problems; develops solutions that work; works well with others to solve problems and resolve situations.
· Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments prepared and on time.
· Customer Relations: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; good communication skills; responds promptly and effectively to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance in a friendly productive manner; meets commitments.
· Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates engaging presentation skills; participates in meetings.
· Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Business, Communications or Technical Field preferred. May consider five years’ directly relevant experience with High School Diploma.
· Minimum of two years’ experience within a fast-paced manufacturing organization, preferably in metal fabrication.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Open office, cubicle, individual or shared office
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly or occasionally required to meet the following physical demands:
· Long periods of sitting at a desk in an office environment
· Able to speak clearly and understandably, with a pleasant tone of voice and manner
· Ability to hear within a range that enables normal telephone communication
· Able to see a computer screen within reasonable reading distance without strain
· Able to type at a keyboard without bodily or psychological discomfort most of the working day
· Ability to ambulate around the office environment and manufacturing floor comfortably in order to fulfill tasks required in various offices and departments
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.